Thursday 5 March 2015

Pastor Tunde Bakare : They asked me to resigned as a vice President with a written document that will be duly signed by me and I said I can't resigned from the office am not yet occupied.

Usman Okai Austin‎ Pastor Tunde Bakare : They asked me to resigned as a vice President with a written document that will be duly signed by me and I said I can't resigned from the office am not yet occupied. The former Vice-Presidential candidate of the now-defunctCongress for Progressive Change (CPC) alleged that before the merger between CPC and Action Congress of Nigeria(ACN) to form All Progressives Congress (APC), he was asked to commit perjury. In the 1 min. 45 secs. video, he also alleged that 'they' said his name would be put forward in the polls but would have to sign that he would resign immediately as Vice President of Nigeria once the presidential elections has been won. Pastor Bakare said:"Those who know the truth, know exactly what happened. There was no merger between ACN and CPC, there was a talk of alliance last minute and it was not stepping down that was the issue, it was resigning on paper with my signature to sign as vice-president of Nigeria and I said no i can't do that, I can resign as Tunde Bakare - a candidate, but I cannot resign as Vice president of an office I have not occupied. That is illegal." Are you saying they were willing to let your name go forward in the polls and then they expected that once you'd won the elections, you'll be expected to resign as Vice President? "That was what they were asking for. That was not even the issue with me, it's not a matter of life and death, if it would move my nation forward. But I was not ready to commit perjury to sign an office I had not yet occupied".

No comments:

Post a Comment