Sunday 1 February 2015

Amaechi’s Claim That I Didn’t Concentrate Projects In South-South Shows I Am Transparent – Jonathan


goodluck_jonathan_4_72
President Goodluck Jonathan has refuted claims by the Rivers State governor, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, that he has not brought any development to the state, noting however that he did not concentrate development in his native South South region because of his quest for equitable distribution of resources in the country.
The president spoke on Wednesday at the presidential rally of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) held at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium, Igwuruta-Ali, Greater Port Harcourt City, Rivers State.
He noted that he had been criticised by people in the region that his presidency had not favoured the area and promised to redress the situation when re-elected.
His words, “What I want to tell you and the rest of the country is that, the director-general of APC (All Progressives Congress)’s presidential campaign organisation when he was in Yenagoa and when he was in Port Harcourt mentioned clearly that the president has done nothing for the two states.
“Don’t worry, it is a good news because people are saying that I concentrated development in the South South. Bayelsa State was part of Rivers State. I am part of this state. Since I finished my secondary school, I have been in Port Harcourt. I started my first job as a young officer in the Customs. Of course, I attended the University of Port Harcourt and started lecturing in the Rivers State College of Education. So, I have been part and parcel of this state.
“Then, if I don’t concentrate development in this state, that means there has not been development in Rivers and Bayelsa states. The DG is telling Nigerians that I have not done this. That means that I am a transparent person. I did not allocate positions to my people.”
 leadership.ng/news/407987/amaechis-claim-didnt-concentrate-projects-southsouth-shows-transparent-jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment