Tuesday 29 July 2014

Fayose’s govt’ll be open to criticism –Eleka

Deputy Governor-elect of Ekiti State, Dr. Olusola Eleka, has assured that the in-coming administration of the  Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to be led by Mr. Ayo Fayose will be tolerant ofto constructive criticisms from members of the opposition.
Eleka said the  governor-elect understood the nitty-gritty of Ekiti politics, which, he said, would help the administration to navigate the thorny path of politics in the state.
Speaking with journalists in Ikere-Ekiti yesterday, Eleka said he could not be averse to criticisms as a well-groomed academic, who had served in various leadership positions in his 24 years as a don in the Department of Building at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife.
Eleka, however, said much as the administration would tolerate criticisms, the opposition should imbibe the culture of being constructive in their comments in order not to mislead members of the public.
He said: “We are going to be open to criticisms. I am very sure that the next administration will open a new chapter in the politics of this state. Before, people used to believe that for you to be successful in politics, you have to tell lies, but we are not going to be part of that.
“When you are doing the right things and you are being criticised, you won’t get provoked because they are only helping  you to get  better”.
Eleka said being a greenhorn in politics would not affect the performance of his duties as the state’s number two man.
“Though I may be alien to politics, I am not to leadership. I have served at the highest echelon of my professional organisation, which is Nigerian Institute of Builders. Aside this, I am a pastor of a church and this I have done for a very long time.
“I am assuring that I have acquired leadership experience over the years, which has made me to understand what leadership is all about, though I quite agree that I still have to learn about local politics to be able to respond to some of the challenges facing our people,” he said.

Fayose’s govt’ll be open to criticism –Eleka

No comments:

Post a Comment