Wednesday 30 July 2014

Robbers kill petrol attendant in Kaduna

A petrol station manager in Ungwan Muazu area of Kaduna metropolis was killed by suspected armed robbers on Monday evening, after collecting cash and other valuables from him.
The victim identified as Stephen Anebi, who hailed from Kogi State, is survived by a wife and four children.
According to eyewitness account, Anebi was the only person shot dead by the gunmen among the  members of staff of the petrol station and the owner of the station, Alhaji Shaibu Abubakar.
Abubakar, who is the owner of  the filling station, told Daily Sun that the gunmen came about 7p.m., and ordered everybody to lie face down
“As I heard the noise, I rushed down stairs and I was also ordered to join my staff who were already lying down.
“The gunmen were about five and they collected all our handsets and the cash we had. But unfortunately it was only my Manager, Stephen Anebi, that they killed and zoomed off.
“Stephen was a good man. He was gentle, trustworthy and hard working.  I just promoted him to the position of manager some few weeks ago. He was the assistant manger before his promotion.
“I immediately reported the incident to the police, who took my statement at Ungwan Muazu police station and I believe the police will get to the root of this killing of my manager,” he said.
At the time of filing this report, Anebi’s remains had been deposited at Saint Gerald Catholic Hospital.

Robbers kill petrol attendant in Kaduna

No comments:

Post a Comment