Saturday 11 October 2014

I’ll defeat Suswam, Gemade insists

Former National Chairman of the Peoples Demo­cratic Party (PDP) and senator representing Benue North- East Sena­torial District, Barnabas Gemade, has restated his determination to retain the exalted position in the National Assembly.
Gemade is expected to contest for the party senato­rial ticket with Benue State governor, Gabriel Suswam.
Gemade made the vow yesterday, after picking his expression of interest and nomination forms for the position ahead of the party primary for Senate fixed for November 22.
He further declared that beating Governor Suswam to retain the party ticket was no herculean task as he not­ed that he had survived simi­lar challenges in the past.
Explaining his mission at the party national secretariat, he said: “Everybody knows that the purchase of forms for 2015, has commenced today and knowing my way around this way because I used to work here before, I knew how to come here quickly and purchase my forms.
“That is why I am one of the first to buy Nomination and Expression of Interest forms for Senate in 2015.
“I am the current senator representing Benue North- East District and I am going back in 2015. That is why I have come here.”
Gemade assured that the race for the Benue North East Senatorial District would be interesting and fur­ther expressed the hope that given a level playing field, he would defeat Governor Suswam.
“O yes, they (Nigerians) should watch and see how interesting this is going to be.
I think political contest is a democratic one and the winner will always remain who receives the greatest support from the public.
“And I am sure that I am going to do that. Elections are not won by what people imagine. It is not those kind of factors the people think.”

I’ll defeat Suswam, Gemade insists

No comments:

Post a Comment