Wednesday 8 October 2014

Anambra: Why I’m fighting Obi — Mokwe

Anambra: Why I’m fighting Obi — Mokwe
Chief Bonaventure Mokwe in this interview with Vanguard, said that the demolition of his hotel was as a result of the political cold war between his half brother and former Anambra State governor, Mr Peter Obi. Excerpts:

By Evelyn Usman

What informed your decision to join APGA ?
My decision to join APGA is purely based on the personality at the helm of affairs in Anambra state, Willie Obiano. Whatever he parades as his degrees reflect on his actions. I want to use my logical reasoning to assist him promote good governance instead of self-interest motivated decisions which are not part of his administration.

mokwe-pix-1My entry into partisan politics was a decision I made after consulting prominent Aguata natives and my larger family. The youths of my town, Umuchu and neighbouring towns – Uga, Amesi,Achina, Akpo and Ezinifite Aguata were all instrumental to my decision.

My recent experience in the hands of the former state governor, Mr Peter Obi, was also a factor in my decision to make a difference in governance.
I was welcomed into the APGA political family on August 24 by the party big-wigs in Aguata local government of Anambra state

Sound and logical reasoning in governance and promotion of rule of law are my priorities. Governance by trial and error, act now and think later approach, lack of any sense of damage control and governance by just one man while the rest knows nothing will be a thing of the past.

Does that mean the hue and cry for justice over your demolished hotel is over?
No! That is a case totally independent of my political ambition. That case continues until its sorted out. But I am counting on Willie Obiano to use his intelligence, so that he does not get caught in the cross – fire between Mr Peter Obi and I.

Don’t you think that the alleged discovery of human heads and arms in your hotel may work against your political ambition?
It will not work against it. Rather it will solidify it because it has been demonstrated that the whole thing was a grand conspiracy to destroy my personality and to destroy my father’s name. It has been proved, as there is currently no charge against me in any law court.

In the first judgement, the court ruled that my property rightly belongs to me. Also, the state government has not said a single word to counter the proven facts that have been reflected in all publications.

With your emergence in politics, how do you intend to right the wrong allegedly done by the administration?
I must say that Willie Obiano is taking each step in the right direction. I won’t do it any better. The only thing is that he needs people like us in his tentacles so that he won’t misdirect himself by way of self interest motivated actions or try to intimidate people and label them what they are not while in the real essence, it is to acquire their property. Obiano is doing exactly what I would do if I were the governor.

The only thing I would have done differently is to come out openly and said look, this whole money said to have been left for me in government coffers is not exactly the way it is so that he doesn’t end up answering what he knows nothing about. That is the only difference.

Apart from that Obiano is deploying necessary actions to fighting crimes and making other people contribute. He has this all hands- on- deck approach and not venting the anger of the sins of one’s brother on another like in my case with the immediate past administration.

I want to reveal to the whole world what led to the demolition of my hotel. My senior brother, Gregory Mokwe, is a political enemy of the former governor. He was instrumental at the initial time Obi wanted to vie for governor of the state under APGA. Along the line, my brother fell apart with Obi because he followed Chekwas Okorie of the United Progressives Party, UPP.

As if that was not enough, Gregory, who is my half brother, hosted Chekwas Okorie’s new party and blocked old Market road. Naturally, actions like that get to the state house. Two weeks after that incident my hotel was demolished.

They thought that the property (my hotel) they demolished was my brother’s. You see, my father had about five buildings along that road and he shared it among us. Gregory inherited the building next to my hotel. He never knew that I am from a polygamous family.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/anambra-im-fighting-obi-mokwe/#sthash.rCZgImg4.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment