Wednesday 8 October 2014

APC ‘ll not implode in 2015 because… — Ajomale

MR. Oladipo Olayinka Ajomale is the son of Henry Oladele Ajomale, Chairman of the Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Party, APC.
He is aspiring to represent Oshodi/Isolo Constituency II in the Lagos State House of Assembly in 2015.

In this interview with newsmen, Ajomale, who is currently Special Assistant on Administration, Strategy and Political Affairs to the deputy governor of Lagos State spoke on why he is vying for the seat, among other issues. Excerpts:

By Olasunkanmi Akoni

Do you see yourself winning the party’s ticket amongst the array of contestants?
Oladipo Ajomale

Oladipo Ajomale

I see myself winning the party’s ticket. APC is a platform for all contestants to come out and contest for the seat. If you feel you have what it takes to come out and contest for it, you are free. APC is not a one man show. APC is a party that believes in the tenets of democracy. What I know is that I am able to represent my community. I have the experience and the education needed to represent them in the State House of Assembly.

Some people are saying you are using your father’s name as a springboard for contesting for the seat?
I am blessed to have the kind of father that I have. My father is a blessing to me, my siblings and the entire Ajomale family as a whole. He is strict about his decisions and he is a man of his words. My father has been blessed to be where he is politically today.

My dad is a fighter but I am a better fighter. I became a lawyer on my own knowing what I wanted to do in life. I ventured into politics on my own volition without any prior notice to my dad. When I decided to go into politics my dad had no idea of it, he heard of it from a friend of his.

He asked me why I did not come to him first. I told him that he is the kind of father that wants a child to prove to him what he wants to do. He gave his blessing. He has no influence what so ever on my political ambition. I am not using my father’s name as a springboard, neither has he had any influence on my decision.

I have been a political juggernaut right from my secondary school days when I started becoming more and more interested in the state of affairs of the country and in my immediate community. I am the last born of my parents and the only one who picked up politics amongst my siblings.

What are the chances of APC winning the Southwest in 2015?
There is a strong possibility for that to happen. What the party is offering in the South West now is positive change because if you look at the set of people the party is bringing out to compete in the next elections, you would know that the party is not just fielding anybody but people of good track record in their various fields and who have done a lot to uplift the society they are in.

The performances of our governors in various states in the zone are template for the party to come back to rule the zone again in 2015.The people of the zone are going to vote for the party again in 20I5. Let me give an example to buttress my point. Governor Raji Fashola has performed excellently well in Lagos State. The people of the zone have also seen great revolutions going on in Ogun, Oyo, Osun and Ekiti States and they will want these to continue in 2015.

Do you see the People Democratic Party, PDP as a threat to your party in the zone in 2015?
PDP is not a threat to APC in my zone in 2015.What the people of the zone have seen in under the administration of our party in the last couple of years is unparallel. They are not ready to severe the cord and friendship to our party in 2015.

Do you see APC controlling the centre in 2015?
APC will control the centre in 2015 because I know the party’s capacity and capability. APC has a well solid structure on ground.   I know that the Nigerian people will to give APC the opportunity to run the country and show how to practice true democracy in Nigeria. President Jonathan promised to transform the country but we have not seen the transformation.

People are saying the party is going to implode when it finally decides to put forward its presidential candidate. Do you see this happening?
The party is an organised structure and it would never take decisions that would not benefit the majority of the people of Nigeria and the party. The party will not do anything that will jeopardise its chances at the poll. The party has not yet decided on whom to field at the moment.  But I can assure Nigerians that whatever candidate the party gives the ticket, the person will be well accepted by Nigerians.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/apc-ll-implode-2015-ajomale/#sthash.6ZITY5wu.dpuf
APC ‘ll not implode in 2015 because… — Ajomale

No comments:

Post a Comment