Friday 10 October 2014

Don’t divide Eagles over Ike Uche, Keshi begs Nigerians

Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi, has made a passionate ap­peal to Nigerians not to cause disaffection in his team ahead of the Africa Nations Cup qualifier battle against Sudan this weekend by calling for the return of Ike Uche.
Answering questions from journalists during a media parley in the team’s camp in Abuja, Keshi warned that it would be the last time he would speak about him, revealing that he dropped him because he had demanded for an explanation from him over the report that he was a bad person.
Urging Nigerians to en­courage the invited play­ers, Keshi said: “Before the game against Congo I did the list; I never knew I will come back to prosecute the match because my contract has expired with the team.
“I did the list and Ike Uche’s name was among the 24-man list and he didn’t know about it. Four days later, he (Uche) called me and I was surprised to hear his voice. We spoke like brothers. The next time, my Secretary Dayo Enebi asked the players if they have South African visa, so that he can take their passports and get them visa.
“He (Enebi) asked Uche about his own visa and he refused to submit it, saying he needs somebody to ex­plain something he heard about himself being a bad person. I said his name should be removed. I am not going to beg Uche and I am not going to ask Dan­iel Amokachi to beg him.
“We all played for this country for over 20 years and nobody begged us to play. We were rather beg­ging to play.
So, please let this be the end of question about Uche.”

Don’t divide Eagles over Ike Uche, Keshi begs Nigerians

No comments:

Post a Comment