Wednesday 1 October 2014

There’s continuity between Obiano and Obi

Says Onuorah Ogechukwu Lynda , Chairperson Njikoka LGA
 Mrs Onuorah Ogechukwu Lynda is wife of the Chairperson Njikoka Local Government Area , Anambra state. In this interview she speaks on a wide range of issues including  empowerment of women.  Goals 
My target as  chairperson in Njikoka is not to do something temporary. I want to do things that will stand the test of time. I will do something that those who will come after me will continue.
I would be working towards opening an NGO which will help our women, children and youth at the street, these organization will be a voice for women, children and our youths that are in need of help and a voice for our daughters that are being violated everyday because there is no one to speak for them.
And because our roles are complimentary as a helper to the man, so my role as the wife of the L.G chairperson is to assist in affairs concerning women and children. I could organize for the women to get soft loans  at the grass root level and help the youth in the area of skill acquisition.  transparency must be our watch.

How many projects have you initiated
For now, I have not been able to execute any project because the office  is not being funded but I have one that I am trying to put in place which will help our unskilled women to learn how to make beads or how to use beads to create lots of things like bags, shoes, jewelry, etc. So by these we would be able to empower about 50 women or more depending on the resources I would be able to mobilize .
I am saying these because some unofficial assistance we rendered took those who benefited far and we would like to really do a lot but without resources we are handicapped. And again our coming to the local government brought hope to the widows and orphans and children.

Obiano’s wife visit impact
Yes , Her Excellency’s visit really left an indelible mark in my council area. It was so tremendous that the orphans, physically challenged and widows had a  sense of belonging.
Many of them were really empowered with cash, food and supplements. And the Governor’s wife charged us on issues of security on the need to support our husbands in terms of security  since that is one of the major issues in the Governor’s four pillars of development.  We are meant to understand that protection of lives and property could not be done by one person but we must be vigilant and have access to communities  to enable flow of information that would be used to nip kidnapping and all forms of crimes in the bud.
There are six communities in my LGA, namely – Abagana which is the head quarter, Enugwu- ukwu, Nawfia, Nimo, Abba and Enugwu- Agidi.

Allocation to work with
I would say our allocation is not
satisfactory in the sense that the duties or rather the projects it ought to be utilized on are too numerous, all demanding for attention at the same time.
And sequel to this we are unable to do much.  I would rather say that I don’t have much challenge except pleading with the concerned authority to recruit more workers as some are retiring from service hence affecting the strength of the human.

Obi and Obiano government ideology, any difference?
No, I don’t see different goals and ideology from the past government to the present because the same party (APGA) that was previously on seat is there, and there is continuity. So the political ideology and goals of the two remain the same.

Remembered  for what?
After my tenure, I would like to be remembered for being able to pursue good governance to the best of my ability and a government worthy of emulation by incoming people. And I would like to have peace with all men even after tasting power because most times when you are in position of authority , a lot go wrong and when you come out your friends won’t be yours again. I need prayers to succeed in serving my people better.

No comments:

Post a Comment