Wednesday 6 August 2014

fifa u-20 Women’s world Cup: Be business minded, Egan charges Falconets

Germany 2010 U-20 women’s World Cup Silver medal winning Coach,  Adat  Egan has advised Nigeria’s Falconets to be business  minded in their approach to all their matches in the Canada 2014 FIFA U-20 women’s World Cup.
Falconets  will begin their campaign at the FIFA U- 20 Women World Cup 12 midnight, when they face El Tris of  Mexico in a group C pairing in  Moncton Stadium in Canada.
In a telephone chat  with Daily Sunsports, Egan, pointed out that   FIFA competitions require high tactical approach and warned that African ways of playing does not achieve results at international stage.
He  was quick to remember the exploits of his team that got to the finals of the 2010 edition of the tournament in Germany because he lived by example, both on camp and in the field of play, urging the present technical crew led by Coach Peter Dedevbo to emulate his footsteps.
Advise to players and technical crew
I want the players and their technical crew to understand that FIFA competitions is quite different from African competitions.
They should shed the mentality of being African favorites, be business minded on the field of play and match their opponents grit for grit.
It is important for them to understand that every game requires a different  tactical approach.
The game plan for Mexico , England and Korea Republic should be different and in that way, the opponents would find it difficult to easily predict ways of tactically disarming your players.
Mexico is not a strange opponent to Nigeria and I believe that we are an edge over them. In 2010 I played a 1-1 draw with them and  two  years ago in Japan, Falconets overpowered them by 1-0.
The technical crew should monitor, supervise  counsel  and encourage the players at every given opportunity.
What was the magic of Germany 2010?
I wouldn’t call it magic because for me it was a very simple issue.
I moulded myself to become a lot of things to my players. I was a role model, father, confidant and coach to them.
Right from the African qualifiers, I handed it over to God. I made sure that I maintained total discipline in camp by living by example.
I didn’t allow sentiments to becloud my judgment and through that I got the total commitment of each player because they understood that whatever role each and every one of them was given to play in the team, they merited it.

fifa u-20 Women’s world Cup: Be business minded, Egan charges Falconets

No comments:

Post a Comment