Friday 25 April 2014

2015: I didn’t campaign, endorse any candidate – Kalu


2015: I didn’t campaign, endorse any candidate – Kalu
Former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Kalu, has described a story published in certain online media, claiming that he has endorsed certain persons for the 2015 elections, as not only misleading, but also the handiwork of his political opponents to mislead the public.

Kalu said through a source that “it has come to my notice that some unidentified persons are bent on misleading the general public in certain media outfits that I have endorsed some candidates for the 2015 elections and also that I have dared the INEC and went ahead to campaign even when INEC has said that time for campaigning is not yet.

“I want to tell the general public to discard such stories as they are not only meant to mislead the general public, but also to malign my personality. It is sad that some persons have taken my recent courtesy visits to some states across the country to mean that I’m on electioneering campaign; even when people or groups visit me, they knowingly or erroneously say that I’m campaigning”, he noted

Kalu, who said that it is kn

“The call that the citizens should ‘support’ their governors does not mean that I’m campaigning. Do people know the meaning of unity again?  As a peace-loving Nigerian, I should not be expected to cite and initiate hatred in the country. Even though I’m a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, I should not be expected to talk evils of members of other political parties, besides, I’m  not a propagandist, but a lover of humanity.

“I support the PDP 100%, but should I be expected to hate individuals in other political parties? Our politics should not be against individuals in other parties because they could be our friends, family members, co-workers and what have you.

“Perhaps, it is the mindset of people to hate other political parties that they are not their members, but to me, I cannot hate individuals because they belong to political parties that I’m not a member. This is what we call the spirit of sportsmanship in politics,” Kalu explained.

own worldwide that he is a law-abiding citizen, adding that in the states he visited, he could not have said that the citizens there should be against their governors since in his estimation, the governors have performed well, hence his call that the citizens should ‘support’ their governors, which does not translate to campaigning.

No comments:

Post a Comment