Monday 29 September 2014

I love eba and ukazi soup

––Ibitein Thompson, current winner of Young Designer competition
She couldn’t believe it when she was declared winner of the young designer competition at the recent Native & Vogue Inter­national Fashion Week. The competi­tion, which is open to budding design­ers from Rivers State is an opportunity for them to expose their immense tal­ents to the world. She emerged winner from among 7 contestants. As a winner, she’s on automatic scholarship for one year in South Africa to attend a fashion school to hone her skills in fashion de­sign and it’s an all expense paid pack­age from the Rivers State Government.
Soft spoken Ibitein is a graduate of Fine Arts and Design who majored in paint­ing at University of Port Harcourt. Ibitein Thompson designs clothing for the stylish modern woman. Chatting with Sunday Sun after being declared winner, she said: “I feel fulfilled. I believed I could win the competition. I also had it in mind that even if I didn’t win, the experience of going for the competition is awesome and great. I have been a fashion designer since age 17. That is my profession, that is what I have been doing. It gladdens my heart that people appreciate my designs now.” The encounter was also an opportunity to know her favou­rites. Excerpts:
What’s your favourite colour?
Gold. There’s something about gold. It stands out.
Favourite food?
Eba and ukazi soup.
Favourite book?
Game by Steven King. It’s a great story.
Favourite leader?
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. It’s because he is from Niger Delta. I need to support one of our own.
Favourite climate?
I like cold weather. When it’s cold, I sleep better at night. I don’t like it when the weather is too hot.

I love eba and ukazi soup

No comments:

Post a Comment