Tuesday 2 September 2014

Booby traps: Amosun, scared of me, lied against me –Daniel

Immediate past governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, has debunked the allegation by his successor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, that he set booby traps for the present administration in the state, saying, “this man is still disturbed by my profile.”
Daniel spoke at a Labour Party (LP) summit in Atan in Ijebu North East Local Government Area on Sunday evening, against the backdrop of newspaper interviews. Amosun had alleged that the former governor created a mess and incurred huge debts for the present administration.
Describing the allegation as a pack of lies, the LP chief wondered why the governor continued to hammer on the issue of debt, three and half years after he (Daniel) left power.
Daniel explained that he inherited a liability of N33 billion from the administration of   former governor Olusegun Osoba in 2003 and did not make any issue out of it.
His words: “When I took over the administration of Ogun State in 2003, the total liability I inherited from the Osoba administration was N33 billion. I did not say anything about it to anybody but started repaying. Amosun said part of the booby traps I set for his administration was that I increased the salaries of permanent secretaries.
“I heard that the governor said Daniel has set booby traps for him. What are these booby traps? I now checked the newspapers to know what he said I had done. After three and half years, this man is still disturbed by my profile. I didn’t say I want to contest the governorship election against him.
“Among the booby traps he claimed was that I established a new university and some polytechnics and as a result, he couldn’t fund the new additions.
“What the four ICT polytechnics that my administration established and the Gateway Industrial and Petrochemical Institute, Oni, got was not up to N50 million. But somebody, who cannot pay them N50 million, is now constructing bridges at N5 billion to N8 billion.

Booby traps: Amosun, scared of me, lied against me –Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment