Wednesday 24 September 2014

NFF election: My experience stands me out – Umeh

Incumbent vice president of Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Chief Mike Okeke Umeh has declared that his experience in football administration is one factor that makes him the right man to take over from Aminu Maigari.
Umeh, who had been cleared to take a shot at the presidency in the September 30 elections in Warri pointed out that he had been in football administration for over three decades. A period that had equally been laced with a lot of success stories.
Going down memory lane, Umeh said: “I was the team manager of the famous class of 1994 Super Eagles squad that won the Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia and went to the World Cup in USA.
“I am also part of the success story of the Alhaji Aminu Maigari golden era, where we are African champions and also world champions in the U-17 category. We surpassed the achievements of all the previous boards.”
The former Rangers International of Enugu boss said his administration would focus on club football administration in the country and ensure players’ welfare takes prominence in the scheme of things. “Our board will ensure we consolidate on the success recorded by the League Management Company and reposition the Nigerian Professional League.
“Clubs must ensure the players, who are the key in the administration of the game are well taken care of. Our league must grow and that means we must add value to it to attract wider interests,” Umeh said.
He said he would run an open administration, where all stakeholders would be given their pride of place. “It is a policy we started and I hope to build on it. Ex-footballers, coaches and those I consider as elders in the game won’t be left out,” Umeh said.
He pointed out that: “Being an incumbent vice president of the best NFF board with the best record, it only sounds logical that I declare myself the best candidate among those gunning for the NFF presidency because the transition will be smooth and the winning aura will continue when I eventually take over.”

NFF election: My experience stands me out – Umeh

No comments:

Post a Comment